Funky Frens: The Next Chapter
First, we want to thank everyone in our community for sticking with us during our pre-mint and mint phases. We’ve officially SOLD OUT!!! 🎉
Today marks two weeks post-mint and we’re truly appreciative of everyone who has trusted and supported us throughout the evolution of Funky Frens. This is our first project, and we’ve learned so much about building a community and navigating the NFT space. That being said, we are absolutely stoked to turn the corner and execute on our roadmap!
We had a great community discussion on Discord earlier today where we presented our revised roadmap and forward-looking thoughts based on the Roadmap Feedback survey we opened up last week. We truly appreciate everyone’s candid feedback and are now hitting the ground running with executing on our roadmap.
A couple non-roadmap updates and key messages to start -
As announced earlier this week, we decided to cut the supply of our collection to 1,234 Frens and have officially sold out. We thought this was the best decision to help push the project forward and turn the corner, enabling us to execute on our roadmap.
During our pre-mint and mint phases, we pursued many marketing strategies ranging from twitter influencer promos, to project collabs and running AMAs.
We believe the next steps are to:
- Double down on Twitter Spaces as we’ve gotten great response from the ones that we’ve done in the past weeks.
- Build partnerships with other NFT / Web3 projects to create innovative integrations and provide value to Funky Frens holders.
- Focus on building value through utility and executing well on key items in our roadmap.
We’ve recognized that community is the single most important part of our project and are excited to announce the addition of our new community manager, Zommuter! Starting this coming week, we’ll be having many more community events like games, contests, movie nights, and hangouts. We’ll have ETH prizes and various giveaways as well.
Looking forward to hanging with everyone!
Roadmap and Utilities
Short Term (Weeks)
Partner with Nametag.org
- We’ve partnered with Nametag.org and secured a limited number of WL spots for a free Nametag NFT mint. Nametag is a Web3-based identity solution using NFTs that allows holders to carry their NFT collection across platforms. We believe this could be a cornerstone solution of how we build out the Funky Frens Universe and portfolio of utilities / projects.
Community / Project Partnerships
- We are actively engaging with other relatively prominent and brand-aligned NFT projects to explore partnership opportunities and deeper integrations than just Twitter or Discord collabs.
- While not extremely popular in the Roadmap Survey, we will still be giving away free merch to holders who own 5 or more frens as of Friday, April 22nd. We truly believe that merch is a great way to spread Funky Frens vibes. Given our international community, we are still ironing out the details of merch options and logistics. In the next week or two we will be presenting definitive options via announcement or community chat.
Medium Term (Months)
Staking and Funky Coin
- Due to popular demand, we’re going to be launching a Funky Coin which will be used for various perks / accessories within the Funky Frens universe.
- The Gen 1 Funky Frens collection will be able to be staked to yield Funky Coin which will be redeemable for various utilities including community games, potions to modify traits of our future collections, exclusive whitelist or giveaway spots for prominent collections, and future Metaverse add-ons.
- We consider the Funky Coin to be a crucial building block for creating the Funky Frens Universe which will eventually span multiple collections and multiple platforms. The Funky Coin will support utilities we’ve committed to, as well as future potential utilities.
- That being said, we will be investing heavily in staking contract gas optimization and scalability.
Gen 2 Collection
- We will be creating a gas-optimized Gen 2 collection that will allow holders to combine two Funky Frens and create a Funky “offspring”. The “offspring” will have the best traits of the two parent Funky Frens.
- Offspring will not be dependent on strict male & female mating — you can mate any two frens you have. The more frens you own, the more offspring you will have (eg if you have 8 frens, you will have 4 offspring. If you have 5 frens, you will have 2 offspring).
- We’re considering making Gen 2 an exclusive collection for current holders, and also creating a new and unique Gen 3 collection for public mint.
- The Gen 2 collection will be able to be staked for an increased reward amount compared to the Gen 1 collection. In addition, we will allow holders to come up with custom names for their offspring(s), as long as they are approved by the founders.
- We plan to present a well-defined vision for the Gen 2 + Gen 3 Collection in the next few weeks once we have creative direction ready for review.
Long Term (Quarters)
Metaverse Land Acquisition
- After our Gen 2 collection launch, we are planning to acquire an NFT World Metaverse space where we plan to host games, meetups, classes, and town halls. We are also planning to integrate Funky Coin with our Metaverse space for unique perks / experiences. More of this to be defined as we move forward!
- We’re still planning to host our first IRL meetup in LA after the Gen 2 collection launch. We’re considering an event at Funky Zilla’s fiancee’s Natural Wine Bar, Good Clean Fun in Downtown LA as well as a mansion party down the road. Dates and details to be ironed out. Stay tuned!
Zilla, Panda, Rascal ❤️